JellyPages.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012

CLASS SAMPLES for THE March 27th Cardmaking class at Hobby Lobby

Hi everyone
I have been very busy the past week and a half taking care of a friend who underwent a hip replacement.   So between that and wanting to be outdoors in the beeeeutiful weather we have had lately,  I have not gotten very far on the card samples for the Mar 27th class.  BUT I do have 3 of them finished so decided to share what I have today rather than making you wait forever to see what you will be making in this class.  
The first card was inspired by one Nancy Dawson did using her technique for making tulips from the 5 petal flower punch from Stampin Up.  There are other brands of punches that have basically the same design and also a  couple of cutting dies that make that same shape flower.  
                                                                                                                                                                                 and this card was inspired by a card that  http://stamplaura.blogspot.com/2012/02/recent-swaps.html    displayed on her blog.  Loved the idea so this is what I came up with-------
and the 3rd card I have finished is this one.    It uses a new set of dies from Spellbinders.  The line is called Cut, fold and Tuck and when you look at the sample you can see why.    This is an old technique we used to call Lace`, pronounced la-ca.    We used to use a metal template and cut teh medallion with an exacto knife.  What a pain!     The die makes it so much easier.
                                                                                                                                                                                Hopefully I will get the other 2 cards done this weekend (IF I can keep my fanny IN THE HOUSE!!!!!) LOL     Will get them posted as soon as I finish them.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment