JellyPages.com

Friday, January 20, 2012

Some samples I did using Accordian Word Dies

I was sent a few dies to experiment with a few weeks ago.    The 3 dies are accordian word dies, using the words love, thanks, and Wish.     and here are the ideas I came up with.

With this card, I used stamps from the SU set, Charmed, to create a background.  Sponged Momento Angel pink ink around all edges.   Attached the die cut inside so it would POP out when the card is opened.   The verse on the front is computer generated, the butterfly is a die cut using a SU embosslit.



For the Thanks card, I glued small squares of designer paper to the die cut to resemble a quilt.  The card base is also an accordian card, and I stamped the rose spray from SU Elements of Style set to create a muted background.   All inks used were Momento.  I used a corner rounder on all corners of the card base and then sponged the edges. The rose is made using a coffee filter which I dyed using reinkers mixed with water.   The verse inside is from SU.

and for the WISH card, I covered the die cut with designer paper, and folded it accordian style.  I embossed the background using a Provocraft embossing folder, sponged the edges and attached it to a blue cardbase.   I staped balloons and the candle (manufacturer unknown) colored them with Momento markers, cut them out and attached them to the WISH die cut.   I used a piece of narrow ribbon which I attached to the back of the H from the word WISH, then attached the H to the card front.  The ribbon extends out on both sides to enable it to be tied when the WISH is folded up. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great little card. LOVE how those words fold out, what a terrific idea.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara,
    First of all welcome in the Design Team from Darlene! I hope you have a great time!! I juist saw your cards at the video and i just love them, great job!!
    Love, Petra xx

    ReplyDelete