JellyPages.com

Monday, January 16, 2012

Valentine Heart Box

Heart box
This box was made using my new Heart die from QuicKutz new Nesting Doily Hearts.  Isn't it beeeeeutiful?  the die that is!   There are 3 dies to this set and this one is the middle sized one.  I cut 2 of them from red cardstock and one from white.   I trimmed the lacy edge off the white one and using a lacy looking stamp, I stamped around the edge with red ink, then placed it in the center of one of the red doilies.


heart box open

Heart box Side view
The box itself was made by cutting 2 red squares, one was 3 1/2 inches, the other was 3 5/8 inches.  I scored all sides of the 2 pieces 3/4 inch in.    I then constructed the box in the usual way.   I placed the box on one of the red heart doilies using Wonder Tape, then placed the other heart on top of the box lid.   I added 2 punched out red glitter hearts to the top along with a red satin bow.   Fill the box with hersheys kisses, or m and ms.   Makes a cute little gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment