JellyPages.com

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Card Samples for Tues April 9th Cardmaking classes

Hey everyone
Time for a cardmaking class again------for days and times, check out the schedule on the right. 
The theme for this class is Spring Flowers.   It IS almost time for us to see blooms----actually I have had a few crocuses in the front flower bed the last week or so.   Most of these cards have been inspired by other stampers and where I knew who the designer was, I have given credit. 

The first card is a telescoping card.   I have been fascinated with this style of card for some time and was shocked to find out how easy they are to do.   Fun look don't you think?
The second card is a case of one I found while surfing the net.   Unfortunately I didn't mark down who had created it.   
The third card is an easel card.    I loved this style card the first time I laid eyes on it and this one was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest.   The original was done by  Diane Vander Galien and can be seen here    
and here is my version of it.    
The 4th card we will be doing was inspired by a friend, Kelly Acheson, who is a Stampin Up demonstrator.   I love the brown and turquoise combo she used and also the way she colored the flowers.    I am not sure but I THINK she used markers, I used watercolor pencils and a blender pen. 
and last, but not least the 5th card we will be doing is a dogwood branch.    I used Momento  markers and  a waterbrush filled with pearlex water.   I just filled the barrel of the brush about 2/3 full with water, then added  a couple small scoops (about 1/8 tsp each) of pearl ex into the barrel with the water.   Capped it and shook well to mix.   The pearly ex water gives a nice sheen to the flowers.   This idea was inspired by Jil at Stampyra.    I loved the way she colored the flowers in her card so did the same with mine.   I need LOTS of practice to make the flowers look as good as hers.  I do think I need some new markers, and will check into that before the class day.   I pretty much cased her card as I really liked the looks of it.   
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment