JellyPages.com

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

7 weeks of Christmas day 37, and 38

Horray    I am caught up with this post.    Hopefully now I will keep up with the daily postings.   Today I am sharing a couple more items that I had on display at my holiday open house in November of 2010.     Hope they give you some ideas of things  to do for YOUR holiday gifting.
The first picture is an assortment of holiday gift bags/boxes I made.   I used the Sizzix Bigs Fancy Favor box die.   SO easy to create fun boxes/bags with it.   IT cuts and scores all at the same time.   And there is NO limit as to what you can use for cardstock, could be plain white, colored, embossed, or even designer paper.    With these, I used just plain white cardstock and just did each one differently using different techniques.
Aren't they sweet.    and big enough for small gifts such as candy treats, a gift card, jewelry.


Now this has always been one of my favorite projects.   And oh so each to create.   First I started with an inexpensive wine glass.   Using a piece of vellum and this pattern-------http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/glassshade.htm
I created the lampshade.    I used a scalloped scissors (could use any border punch instead) and a tiny round hole punch to create bottom border.   Using a blue marker, I colored the back of the vellum with blue ink, but first I masked off a circular area for the moon.   Then ON THE FRONT SIDE OF THE VELLUM,  I stamped the tree line from SU using Versamark.   I used white embossing powder over the versamark.   Then I removed the mask, and using a dauber the yellow ink (a marker would work just as well),  I colored the moon.
I used sticky strip to hold the vellum together at the back of the shade.   Now just set it on top of the wine glass, add a battery operated votive candle and watch it glow.  I also tied a little ribbon bow around the stem of the glass and added some die cut snowflakes.
Well thats it for today my friends.   Hope you are enjoying my trip down memory lane as I share items I have made for the holidays with you.   See you again tomorrow with some pictures of my grand daughter and I  creating some fun Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment